- 1535 Mount Vernon Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, Georgia 30338
Meet Justin Spizman
Justin Spizman joined The Hawkins Firm in 2013 as Of Counsel. Spizman is a former DUI Prosecutor and has spent his entire career specializing in DUI and Criminal defense. Before joining The Hawkins Firm, Spizman worked as the senior associate at a prestigious boutique criminal defense firm in Atlanta. In 2014 and 2015, Spizman was elected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star. In 2014, The National Trial Lawyers Association selected Spizman as a Top 40 Under 40 and as part of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America. Georgia Trend Magazine recognized Spizman as part of their annual Legal Elite publication. He has achieved a perfect rating by his peers and former clients on Avvo, a preeminent professional rating and review website.
Spizman dedicates 100% of his practice to defending those arrested and charged with DUI and other related crimes in the State of Georgia. He began his career as a State Prosecutor, where he personally handled thousands of criminal cases. He represents clients across the State of Georgia and has successfully defended cases in every jurisdiction in the Atlanta area, which includes surrounding counties.
Spizman works diligently with his clients to sculpt a meaningful and detail-oriented defense to their cases to ensure they obtain the best possible outcome. There is no case too big or too small. Spizman is admitted to practice law in the State of Georgia, all State and Superior Courts, the Georgia Court of Appeals, and the Georgia Supreme Court. He is a member of The State Bar of Georgia, The State Bar of Georgia Criminal Division, The Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, The National College for DUI Defense and Georgia Defense of Drinking Drivers. Over the years, Spizman has received training in trial techniques, Field Sobriety Testing, Intoxilyzer 5000 and 9000 testing, and other valuable procedural and technical areas.
When he is not in court, Justin enjoys spending time with his wife, two girls, and his dog Guinness. He also stays active by playing basketball, running, and working out. He enjoys traveling, movies, and writing. He is a best-selling Author and former recipient of the Georgia Author of the Year Award.
• University of Texas, B. S., 2003
• Georgia State University School of Law, J. D., 2006
• DUI and Criminal Prosecutor, Fulton County, Georgia 2006
• Entered Private Practice, 2008
• State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Law Section 2007present
• Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers 2010present
• National College of DUI Defense 2010present
• National Speakers Association 2012present
• Georgia Writers Association 2010present
• Georgia Defense of Drinking Drivers 2013present
- I was more than impressed and satisfied by Justin’s representation. He kept me extremely informed. He went above and beyond to settle my case and the short timeframe he did so in was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend him to anyone in or around the Atlanta area. Never once did I feel like I was working with a lawyer but a friend. And that speaks volumes to me.