Hawkins Spizman Kilgo, LLC Childhood Cancer Awareness Scholarship
Hawkins Spizman Kilgo, LLC is pleased to announce our Childhood Cancer Awareness Scholarship, in support of those who have survived or been directly affected by childhood cancer. This $1,000 scholarship will support one hard-working student who has had firsthand experience with this devastating disease.
At Hawkins Spizman Kilgo, LLC, we have worked in support of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA) for years. We know how difficult the struggle with cancer is. It takes determination and a strong spirit to undergo the exhausting course of treatments that are often needed. This battle is particularly trying for children and their families. Pursuing an education becomes more challenging in the context of this fight, and we hope that our scholarship will help a deserving student achieve their goals.
We believe all cancer survivors and their loved ones should have the opportunity for higher education. We encourage all eligible students to apply, and look forward to granting this scholarship.
- You are currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an accredited college or university (undergraduate or post-graduate level)
- You are either a survivor of childhood cancer yourself or a loved one has been directly affected by childhood cancer
- You have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- You must submit an official copy of your transcript, your written essay (see below) and your completed application using the form.
Deadline for Applications: July 31st for Fall Semester
Applicant Essay Topics
Please choose one of the questions below and write an essay of 500-1000 words.
- How did childhood cancer affect you? What did it take to stay strong during the struggle, and how has it shaped who you are today?
- How has cancer influenced your dreams and career goals?
- Imagine you are speaking to a young person who has just been diagnosed with cancer, or their family. What would you tell them to help them prepare for the fight ahead?
How to Apply
To apply for the Annual Hawkins Spizman Kilgo, LLC Childhood Cancer Awareness Scholarship, please fill out our online application.