- 1535 Mount Vernon Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, Georgia 30338
Meet Matthew Kilgo
GA DUI Lawyer Matthew Kilgo is an attorney with Hawkins Spizman Kilgo. Matt is an experienced Atlanta, GA trial attorney who limits his practice to contested DUI cases in GA. Soon after graduating law school, Attorney Kilgo worked as a GA DUI prosecutor, first with the Cherokee County Solicitor’s Office, prosecuting people; then for almost three years as an assistant solicitor in the City of Atlanta. Matt then became a DUI prosecutor in Cobb County, Georgia, where he earned a name as an aggressive but fair trial attorney. Matt served as a felony trial prosecutor in the Fulton County, Georgia, District Attorney’s Office and, later as regional counsel for the Recording Industry Association of America’s criminal anti-piracy program in the southeast.
Matt now spends his time using his experience in prosecuting DUI cases to successfully defend people charged with DUI across the State of Georgia.
• Auburn University, B. A., 1996
• Georgia State University College of Law, J. D., 1999
• The State Bar of Georgia
• The State of Georgia Supreme Court
• The State of Georgia Court of Appeals
• The Cobb Bar Association
• Georgia Chapter, Defense of Drinking Drivers Group
- I met with over five different law firms before settling on Hawkins Spizman Kilgo (and Matt specifically) to handle my DUI charge. He took the time to meet with me, go over my case, and set realistic expectations. I’m happy to say that Matt was able to get the DUI reduced to a Reckless Driving, and I was able to keep my license (and more importantly my job)!